Statistics show that as many as 1.4 million people in America will suffer from a traumatic brain injury every year. These types of brain injuries can arise from all types of incidents, ranging from slip and falls to car accidents to workplace accidents. Unfortunately, brain injuries are not always evident, even to the victim. Some symptoms can be extremely subtle and difficult to diagnose. If you have been in an accident of any type, it is imperative that you undergo proper testing and assessment to ensure you haven’t missed a brain injury.
THE FIRM LA can help you pursue legal action if you have suffered damages as a result of your brain injury. We help injury victims hold liable parties accountable.
A brain injury can be defined as any injury to the brain, which can range from concussions, closed head injuries, or external brain injuries. While some brain injuries can be easily diagnosed, others are more subtle. There are some signs that can indicate such an injury has occurred:
• Headaches lasting substantial time
• Trouble concentrating
• Loss of memory
• Dizziness or difficulty balancing
• Sudden mood changes or swings
• Frequent fatigue and irritability
In many cases, it can take extensive time for several the symptoms of a brain injury to develop in a person. It may be a gradual process at first, which is why many people don’t initially realize that they have sustained such a serious injury.
If you suspect a brain injury, make sure you always:
Get medical attention and care,
• Keep track of and monitor any symptom changes.
• Organize all medical documents and accident evidence.
• Schedule regular check-ups with your doctor.
• Know the basis of your case (does it involve negligence on the part of another party legally responsible?)
• Talk to an attorney you can trust with your case.
THE FIRM LA strongly believes that getting enough money to provide for your loved ones needs can make all the difference in his or her quality of life. If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury due to negligence, contact THE FIRM LA.